Most people have heard of homeowners taking precautionary measures to protect their indoor air quality. Indoor air quality can sometimes be worse than outdoor.
If homeowners have concerns about their home’s indoor air quality, they will do everything in their power to improve it. While cleaning the air ducts is not a requirement to improve air quality, it might be an option. The Environmental Protection Agency offers several scenarios where cleaning can be very beneficial.
When should your air ducts be cleaned?
The EPA lists three reasons homeowners should have Energy Home Service – Air Duct Cleaning their air ducts cleaned. You should consider hiring an expert to ensure that the entire system is cleaned. It is possible for one part of the system to be neglected and cause further contamination.
- Mold-Mold seems to affect the condition of almost all items in a home. Mold is a major factor in home repairs. Mold should be removed from any part of your cooling and heating system. Experts know how to remove mold from the affected areas. This is why it is important to have professionals remove and clean mold. An expert can remove mold from a surface, while anyone can do it.
- Vermin- An expert should be hired to remove vermin and insects from the area.
- Expelled debris/dust – Although dust particles are inevitable in ducts, the volume of dust and debris should not be so high that it reaches your home.
Three Cleaning Techniques
An expert can clean your air ducts using multiple Vaughan Duct Cleaning methods to ensure the best results. Professionals may use power brushing, air whips and air washing.
Air washing: Your expert can clean out the debris clogging your air duct with a compressor, hose and an air nozzle. The compressor pushes high-pressure air through a nozzle at high speeds to blow debris into the collection system. Everything will be collected so you don’t have to worry that debris is blowing around your yard or home.
* Air Whips are used to remove any debris trapped within the air duct. Sometimes, the water washing doesn’t have enough power to remove the debris. In these cases, the air whips can be used to cause the debris to become loose and then collected.
* Power brushing: This method maximizes the removal Richmond Hill Duct Cleaning of air duct debris. It is followed by an air wash to ensure a perfect clean.
It’s time for you to find an expert if you have decided that your air-ducts need a thorough cleaning. Energy Home Service, a quality based air duct cleaning company, is highly skilled and offers a free estimate for air duct cleaning.…